Building & Safety
Building & Safety is going virtual!
The health and safety of the citizens and City employees is our paramount concern. City services are being modified in order to provide a safe environment while maintaining basic services throughout the crisis. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
The permit window will be closed to the public. For questions, please email email@example.com
Building inspections are now done virtually via the ZOOM app!
Scheduling the Inspection:
Schedule your inspection by email to BuildingInspector@beaumontca.gov. Please send a separate email for each inspection. Requests must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. for next day inspections. Inspections do not take place on holidays or weekends.
- Subject line should include the following information:
- Type of inspection
- Permit number
- Date of the inspection
- In the body of email, include the site technician’s name, email and phone number so the inspector may make arrangements for the virtual inspection.
- The inspector will reply to your email for the approval/comments of the inspection.
Before the Inspection:
- Download the ZOOM App.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged - they tend to drain very fast while in use.
- Have the following tools ready: measuring tape, levels, flashlight, etc.
- Ensure enclosed areas are well illuminated.
- Have the following documents available:
- Permit job card
- Approved plans
Stay Home - Stop the Spread - Save Lives
We hope to see you soon!
|TYPE OF PERMIT||# OF PLANS NEEDED|
|Accessory dwelling unit||5|
|New Single Family Home||5|
|New Multi Family Home||6|
|TYPES OF PERMITS||# OF PLANS NEEDED|
|Shell Building ONLY||5|
- 2019 California Residential Code (CBC)
- 2019 California Electrical Code (CEC)
- 2019 California Mechanical Code (CMC)
- 2019 California Plumbing Code (CPC)
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Historical Building Code (CHBC)
- 2019 California Existing Building Code (CEBC)
- 2019 California Green Building Standards (CALGreen) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Seismic Design Category (SDC)||D||2019 CBC |
|D2 ||2019 CRC |
|Basic Wind Speed |
Note: Vult = ultimate design wind speed
|Risk Category II Vult = 97 mph ||2019 CBC/ASCE 7-16|
|Vult = 110 mph || 2019 CRC|
|Ambient Temperature||99OF (for electrical conductors Ampacity corrections factors of 2019 CEC)|
|Soil Bearing Capacity||1,500 psf (default value per 2019 CBC Table 1806.2) or per soil report.|
|Soil Lateral Bearing Capacity||100 psf/ft (default value per 2019 CBC Table 1806.2) or per soil report.|
|Climate Zone||10 |
|Rainfall ||2” per hour, 100-year return or higher values per hydrology report.|
|Snow Load||5 Lbs.|