- CITY SERVICES
- CFD / Mello Roos
- CFD Prepayments
Any interested property owner wishing to prepay their Community Facilities District ("CFD") Facilities Special Tax obligation may follow the instructions below to initiate a prepayment request. The City of Beaumont (the "City") has made every attempt to streamline the process and provide as much information as possible to aid property owners in deciding if they'd like to proceed with a formal prepayment request. Please read the following information carefully.
Please note only the Facilities Special Taxes may be prepaid. Service Special Taxes are not eligible for prepayment and will remain on your annual property tax bill.
*** Prepayments will not be accepted between June 1st & September 30th as tax rolls are being prepared ***
The City has prepared prepayment estimates for many of the CFD Improvement Areas ("IA"). Locate your property's CFD/IA in the CFD Prepayment Estimates Folder. Your annual property tax bill contains the CFD IA designation applicable to your property.
Review the Prepayment Estimate and locate your property classification based on the noted criteria. In most instances the classification is the size of your home (square footage) unless otherwise noted. The prepayment estimate is only an estimate and may differ from the actual prepayment amount to be calculated by the Special Tax Consultant. The actual prepayment amount may be higher or lower than the estimate. Only a formal prepayment request and deposit can provide the actual prepayment amount.
If you wish to proceed with the formal prepayment request please download the CFD Prepayment Request Letter. Please provide all requested information as prompted in the request letter.
Please note an administrative fee, as defined in the Rate and Method of Apportionment of the CFD, in the amount of $500 is required to complete this request. The fee is split into two portions:
- $400 non-refundable deposit which is due with the Prepayment Request Letter
- The remaining $100 will be due and included in the prepayment quote you will receive
All requests must include a completed CFD Prepayment Request Letter and the $400 deposit. Please make all checks payable to The City of Beaumont. A prepayment quote will be provided to the contact information you provide in the request letter.
Within approximately 15 business days you will receive a payoff quote with the payoff total, the due date to make payment by, and instructions on how to remit your payment. It is very important to ensure the payment is received prior to the expiration date of the prepayment quote. Failure to pay the amount prior to the expiration date will require a new calculation and an additional $400 deposit. Once the quote is received please read all documentation carefully and follow the instructions provided.
Within approximately 30 business days you will receive a recorded copy of the Notice of Cancellation of Special Tax Lien for your property. Please retain this document for your records.
Congratulations! The prepayment process is complete.
- The prepayment estimate is only an estimate and may differ from the actual prepayment amount to be calculated by the Special Tax Consultant. The actual prepayment amount may be higher or lower than the estimate. Only a formal prepayment request and deposit can provide the actual prepayment amount.
- Only the Facilities portion of the Special Tax obligation can be prepaid. Services Special Taxes cannot be prepaid and will remain on the annual property tax bill.
- An Administrative Fee is required for all prepayment requests pursuant to the Rate and Method of Apportionment (RMA) for the CFDand Improvement Area. The administrative fee is $500 per request. To assist property owners, the City has implemented a policy to break this fee into two portions
- i) $400 non-refundable deposit due with the request; and
- ii) the remaining $100 will be due and included in the prepayment quote you will receive.
- The Prepayment Request Letter (PDF) and administrative fee of $500 is required for all prepayment requests. The $400 non-refundable deposit must accompany the Prepayment Request Letter before any prepayment request can be initiated.
- If your property lies within the boundaries of two IAs, then both IAs will need to be prepaid to fully satisfy all Facilities Special Taxes. The overlapping IAs include IA 14, 14A, 14B, portions of IA 8, and IA 8A Zone 1. Additional instructions have been added to each IAs estimate sheets.
- Make all checks payable to the City of Beaumont.
- The property must be current and not delinquent on the CFD Special Taxes, penalties, or interest charges as of the date of the request. If the property is delinquent, a prepayment quote will not be calculated.
Spicer Consulting Group
SCG Spicer Consulting Group